Floating Facebook Widget

Friday, April 10, 2015

Five for Friday!

                                        [fiveforfriday2_thumb%255B3%255D%255B4%255D.jpg]

Hello, Friends!
It's Five For Friday! I am excited to participate in Doodle Bugs Teaching Linky Party!

I am also quite happy for the weekend! I might even be doing this



and take more advantage of my "life in paradise".


                                                                  Divider 1

Monday was our Teacher Development Day and I had to do a presentation.
It was nice to receive some good feedback.





                                                              Divider 2

My students did such an awesome job writing about their Easter Break! Look at the amount of information they poured into their stories. They definitely had a lot to share :) I am very proud of them! Not bad for 3rd Grade ESL students!








                                                                [Divider%25203%255B5%255D.png]

This week our focus in Science was on the Water Cycle, and here are some activities we did to fit my students' different learning styles.



It is a only a 6 minute video (which is very important due to the kids' short attention span) and the explanation is wonderful.




I also found this fun song, which we've been practicing and, I hope, will present to some younger grades to "teach" them about the Water Cycle. :)



Here are the lyrics



You can download this page here

We also did a simple Water Cycle experiment where we filled a glass dish with hot water, put a lid on it and watched all 3 transformations take place.




Divider 4


I think I might have a slight addiction to Baileys Coffee Creamer. Every afternoon, after I get home from school, I make myself a cup of coffee. It's like my little treat for a day to satisfy my sugar cravings, as I try to avoid sugar in everything else I eat or drink. So, guess what? The only store that carries this, is out of stock! :( I am sad.





                                                              Divider 5

I've been trying to get back to my healthy eating habits. I fairly recently fell off track with my diet :) Maybe it's been a couple of months... My "allowed foods" list contains mostly veggies, meat, a little bit of fruit and...Ukrainian food. Here is a shot of my husband's favorite "Stuffed Peppers":)



Happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment