Floating Facebook Widget

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Plant Cells

Who said that learning about plant cells should be boring? Learning about this subject can be fun by engaging the students in different hands-on activities and projects.

Here are the activities we had on this topic:












This activity is a part of my unit about plants. Click here to view it.




My studens also received a very exciting homework assignment. Their task was to make edible plant cells. Wow, the results were amazing!
See for yourselves.








 Children could not wait to try their own creations. We had a big "plant cell" celebration that day!


4 comments:

  1. I am absolutely loving your blog! I found your blog through TBTS and glad I did!
    I am your newest follower and am excited to see more of your posts!

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Elizabeth! I had an opportunity to stop by your blog as well. It is very inspirational. Love your self portraits artwork display! I hope your knee gets better soon :) Happy Blogging!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! I found it via my website. So glad we linked up. Thanks for coming over to mine. I'm looking forward to learning more about you. Stephanie from Principal Principles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      Thank you so much for your kind words and support! I am happy that you liked my blog :)
      I really appreciate you for stopping by and following.

      Delete