Floating Facebook Widget

Friday, January 17, 2014

Five For Friday Linky Party



What a great and busy week! I feel like my productivity levels have increased and I am accomplishing so much more this semester as far as school is concerned. Hope it lasts. :) Still have to work on getting the household run more smoothly. You know, cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc. Have to work on this one. I've linked up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share with you my weekly five.


I found how effective Book Report Projects can be. Children have so much fun creating them and presenting in class. They really enjoy being in the spotlight. For this project, they had to read a fiction book of their choice and select 5 objects to put in a bag or a box that reflect their story. 




If you assign Book Report Projects for your students, I'd love for you to share your favorites. 

                                                                 
We began a Multiplication Unit this week. As it is quite a difficult concept for the 3rd graders to grasp, I try to incorporate some hands-on activities to help them understand the connection between addition and multiplication. Here is an excelllent activity that I found on TPT. It's called Fishbowl Multiplication by Laura Candler. It is fantastic and absolutely FREE! I used it with my students, except I changed the game board and had Cookie Jars with cookie cereal instead of fishbowls, as I couldn't find any small objects to be used as fish.



The idea is the following: students randomly select an addition sentence, arrange the correct number of objects into groups, find the matching multiplication sentence and finally, count the total number of objects in the jars. 

I love using dictations with my students. They are an excellent way to practice listening, writing and spelling. Every Monday I send a dictation passage home as a part of the homework packet for the students to practice writing. We do some practice in class as well. We select the most difficult words from the passage, put them in alphabetical order, write them backwards, play a spelling game "Boys vs. Girls"(they especially like this one), etc.

                                                               
                                                                    

This is me :) Playdough creation by my students! It's impossible not to love them! 

                                                              
Great motivational quote by venspired.com

                                     I always need to keep this in mind. Even though it isn't easy right now and I'm at the end of my rope, this is why I put myself through it all <3

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower. I am a fellow student at TBTS. ;) I am excited to see more posts from you. Happy teaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! :) I'd like to follow you back. Do you have a blog?

      Delete